Tuesday 1 November 2011

On the train towards Charing Cross

On the train towards Charing Cross
LONDON:
- Can we drink alcohol in a train? was the first thing I've heard
- Well, to be true?! I don't know! replied a deeper voice
- In that case I might have a zip, said the female tumbling in her own words while opening a can
- I like you jacket! Are you in the army? she asked with an articulated accent from the Home Counties, most possibly from the South East England
- No! said a juvenile voice
- What do you do in life?
- I'm a plummer, answered the first voice
- Just came down to Deptford to grab some mail. Is this train going to London Bridge? I'm from Norway. Came to London four years ago to work for a company. I can see that you're married. Do you have any Kids?
- Three! two daughters and one son, replied the same person
- To be complete honest, I'm doing research for Kenneth Clarke. Are you an MP? Why aren't you a MP?!
- I like what I do!
- Are you conservative? for whom did you vote in the last elections! Sorry for being so personal in my questions but you have been asking me a lot of personal questions, either!

...she keeps on for half-an-hour. Today the train takes longer than the usual five-to-ten minutes.

When I prepare myself to leave the train at London Bridge Train Station I looked back, she was small, dark hair, and look like having a South Asia background. We never know!

The following day I came across with another female voice. With read hair, blue eyes, wearing a army jacket and a warm orange winter scarf.
- Hi Dad! she said when answered the phone. I'm on the train down from London!, in a clear English.
She had a Mulberry leather bag.

No comments :