Tuesday 31 January 2012

newsfromlondon201201

In September 2002, just had moved in to London, went to see Santiago Sierra exhibition at a nearby gallery in Bell Street. What I've found was a space closed by corrugated metal. Surprinsigly enought, for me, at least, that was Sierra's piece.
A decade later, just had moved again into Lisson's neighbourhood, Santiago Sierra opens a new exhibition, "Dedicated to the Workers and Unemployed". But this time I manage to get inside. The exhibition features fifty-three video about performance based works, video documents of sculptural projects and programmed films. Most of them I had already saw during the last ten years at exhibitions, via internet or on documentaries and, some, live.
While in 2002 I existed as a participant-observation, this time I have been only an observer - in both situation I wasn't paid to perform any action.
By the time I've left the Death Counter was in 4.586.300

No comments :