Thursday 15 November 2012

Sensual lines

Sensual lines
LONDON: Between words, lines and books, some sensual lines can be read in between. After leaving T. at the underground station I took my way to the MC after-party, at Mason's Yard. The stop at Whitechapel Art Gallery took more than expected, we got there later than we wanted and I can't remember a single piece of work. To bad for me!!! Anyway, as soon as I got in to the place some friendly face was giving his name to the lady with the name's list. D. wanted to get in accompanied by two Dutch girlfriends. They were on the list. He wasn't! I gave my name, they let me pass.

- C'mon D. although you're not on the list, said I, you know that you're always welcomed!

Both girls nodded in consent. D. didn't like that much the observation. Anyway, after a quick introduction and a smoke we all four got in. A. was greeting the incoming guess!

- It is crowd and tropical inside, said A., go downstairs, it is fresher and there is more space! she added.
- Thank you! Definitely will...
- Nice, You made it! J. greeted. Have a drink...

Got my way to the bar. One of the girls already had a drink for me. So, immediately, we went to the room below, which was definitely as A. as said it would be. After a quick introduction to the other people - one of the other girls boyfriend and someone else talking to him - the topic of writing came to the table.

- Are you a journalist or a writer? asked the musician.
- Although I would love to predicate myself as such, journalist, like Hemingway, for instance, I'm just a writer writing on art and related thing, like the fact of being alive, for instance, having art objects as my object of inquire. The role of the journalist it to describe what happened, I've explained, and the role of a writer, a person like myself, is to describe something felt. So, for now, I have to content myself with being just that. A writer...

and so on...

[While I'm writing these lines in a cue to go and see the Rain Room, at the Barbican, the person who I'm meeting with, V., is just behind the couple behind me; we both stayed in the cue for more than half-an-hour without perceiving each other presence, while waiting for the other to call or say something; she now went to get coffees for us].


No comments :