Thursday 3 January 2013

Marlborough Contemporary invites you to Cowboy Style

they have already ordered the cowboy style beer...so show up at



Cowboy Style
Agnieszka Brzezanska lives and works in Berlin and Warsaw. Solo shows include Kunsthaus Baselland (2010), DAAD Berlin (2010) and Nomas Foundation, Rome (2012). A monograph, L’artiste, le modèle et la peinture, was published by Sternberg Press in 2010.


Werner Büttner lives and works in Hamburg. He has had numerous solo exhibitions since 1981. He participated in definitive exhibitions in 1980s such as Zeitgeist and Von Hier Aus, alongside contemporaries such as Albert Oehlen and Martin Kippenberger. Forthcoming solo exhibitions include ZKM Museum, Karlsruhe and Museum der Bildenen Kunst, Leipzig. Winner of the 2011 Hans Platschek Prize.


Pamela Golden lives and works in London. She has exhibited widely, including a solo exhibition at Gulbenkian Foundation, Lisbon in 2004. She was recipient of a Pollock-Krasner award in 2012.


London-and-Berlin-based-research-led-artist-and-DJ-collective psychoanalYSL is the unlikely lifelong collaboration between childhood friends Benjamin Orlow, Joey Holder and  Christopher Kulendran Thomas (all born 1986). Recent projects for Ceiling Space, Chongqing, Bus Projects, Melbourne and Peckham Hotel, London.

Laura White lives and works in London. Her current solo exhibition, We Can Have it All, is on display at Spacex, Exeter until 23 February. Previous solo shows include Collective, Edinburgh (2010) and Castlefield, Manchester (2008).  A survey of her work, the Stuff of Images was published in 2010.




Shed my skin since you came in
Where do you end and I begin?
Awoke my senses yet you stopped time
You took me to a deeper high
The essence of my hopes and fears
Creation of my muddled dreams
Cowboy style with a peaceful smile
You are from the temple won’t you stay a while
From my voice to have my say
You take me close to far away
And now I find and now I feel
The ordinary is surreal
Peace and terror all in one
My future life has just begun
Cowboy style with a peaceful smile
You are from the temple won’t you stay a while
I am frightened I’m aroused
I’m enlightened to the now
Cowboy style with a peaceful smile
You are from the temple won’t you stay a while
Cowboy Style, written by Kylie Minogue, 
Steve Anderson and Dave Seaman

No comments :